Monday, February 27, 2012

Doggie Hunt

Have you ever went on a dog hunt? Searching for the right dog is hard! It takes patience and diligence to not give in to the first set of puppy eyes you see.

After I moved back to Michigan from Nashville, Tennessee, I had a bad case of the southern blues! I missed the south quite badly! And all I wanted was a puppy from Tennessee to bring back with me. I wanted a piece of TN with me.

So, upon having worked hard enough and saved up enough money, I felt that the timing was right! I needed a small companion to not only keep me company, but to help pull me from the sharp, cold grasp of isolation!

So I went to a nearby animal shelter. Filled out papers for me to begin an adoption process. I went back there EVERYDAY for a week!

I searched through and met several pups that wanted to steal my heart. It was hard to go home empty handed each day!

Then came the day where they got in a huge bundle of new joys!
They go down to all the southern states and rescue animals from high-euthanize shelters.

In that bundle of joy, I saw the love of my life! I knew nothing about him. In fact, I didn't even know it was a 'him.' But I knew I loved him immediately.

 As soon as I began the adoption process I looked at his papers...guess where he was from...


TENNESSEE!


Yup, my baby boy is from my favorite piece of land!

His name is Nash and he was born on October 6th 2011.

Definitely the love of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...