Thursday, March 1, 2012

Take the Mercy, accept the help.

Yesterday I was feeling that yucky broken down, exhausted, overwhelmed, hopeless, lonely feeling I get when I don't read the bible daily, or pray daily. With remodeling my friend's son's room, and moving to a new place my precious alone time with Jesus had been massively disturbed. So, I decided that today is a day for just Jesus and I. Yup.



You are probably wondering why, then, am I blogging if I should be with Jesus right now.

Good question.

Initially, my plan was to not be on the computer at all. But I quickly realized that I don't have my bible here. So I have been reading the bible on this website. It's the Message version. And then I read in Hebrews, a passage that blew my mind! And of course, anything mind-blowing, I am obligated to share with you!

This is in Hebrew in the MSG version:

14-16 Now that we know what we have-Jesus, this great High Priest with ready access to God-let's not let it slip through our fingers. We don't have a priest who is out of touch with reality. He's been through weakness and testing, experienced it all-all but sin. So let's walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the help.


Wow, so that last part is what blew my mind! God already wants to give us a gift! Freedom! Rest! Peace! Joy! Everything He promised! It's all ours! All we have to do is receive it! He is willing and ready and wanting to help us to our Promised Land...'take the mercy, accept the help.'

Beautifully put.

I was reminded of when I was accepted to Mercy Ministries of America and it was a choice I had to make to accept the help.

I AM SO GLAD I DID!


4 comments:

  1. Have you ever hear of www.youversion.com? It's a really great site with a ton of different bible versions and u can create a profile, high light verses, take notes, choose out of a range of reading plans, and look at other peoples thoughts. You can also get an app for it on your phone or ithouch too, which is super helpful if u are away from your bible or the computer and want to catch up on you're reading...just thought I'd share. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah! i have that on my ipod, but i cant get wifi where i am for some dumb reason...they have wifi here, but my ipod is the only piece of technology that doesnt pick it up. weird. so i cant use my app.

      Delete
  2. I, too, am so glad you made the incredibly difficult yet tremendously rewarding decision to go to Mercy. I've been amazingly blessed by the relationships I made, and still have, since going through the program. Even friends/sisters I've never met in person (YOU!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. LIKE LIKE LIKE (if this was FB :))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...